Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Today is the First Day of the Rest of my Blog


My other blog whilst touching briefly on craft is mainly for friends and family to get all the goss on whats happening with me and mine over on this side of the world. So as I am now getting back into the crafty side of my life I thought a new blog about my love of stitches was in order.

Embroidery is my first love, followed by crochet and knitting. I have the occassional passionate fling with beading but I am fickle and quickly dump it in favour of the sensual nature of threads and yarn. My craft room is currently reasonably tidy, it is probably best described on a good day as eclecticly cluttered.
I hoard and scavenge garage sales, flea markets, op-shops and other peoples bins for bits that I can re-birth.
I have made a bargain with myself - not to buy any more threads, yarn or anything remotely crafty until I have a decent size hole in the thread, yarn and material stash. This will be a new years resolution, I'm getting in practice already and walked straight past the yarn aisle in BigW yesterday, didn't even glance over to see if they had anything on special and a friend has phoned me from the big city and wanted to know if I needed anything bringing up while she was in Spotlight. Why did she laugh derisively when I told her I wasn't buying anything more this year and she actually snorted when I told her about my new years resolutiom. Oh she of little faith.
One way of getting down the stash of yarn is to crochet lots of different flowers, small, medium and large, make it up as you go along. I have a nice selection now, I just throw them in a box and there is always some propject that just needs a finishing touch. Slightly bigger balls of leftover yarn can be made into amigurumi and I have a box full of very strange body parts, I'm crocheting dishclothes now out of balls and balls of cotton I bought for $2.00 from the thrift shop. I've printed out some label bands and will wrap them in pairs and give out as stocking filler gifts.
The clock is ticking down to christmas and I am still procastinating over putting the last few stitches in two cross-stitch projects. They wer both scanned photographs of my friends pooch that I made into a a cross-stitch design. I've made some amigurumi angels for the girls and some sort of strange creature as a gift for a friends baby. Finances don't run to chrissy pressies this year so I am making the majority of them, luckily I have friends that appreciate that.

Well, I suppose I'd better go and edit some piccys so I can pretty up my blog.

Hugs, love and light


janjan

1 comment:

  1. Was just in the middle of this comment when I lost the page!! What I said was "Jan, love the image at the top, is it of you???hehehe".. Do enjoy your epilogue, brings a smile to my face,, I don't know why our friends laugh at us sometimes,, anyone would think they know us!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete