Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I finished a UFO woooooooohooooooooo

I did it and on schedule and I am so pleased with it.  I dug out my stash and all my sewing stuff, dusted off the sewing machine (thats a post all on its own) and got stuck in. I got into a panic when the friend whose gift it is came round so I had to quickly stuff poor old Jaimee behind the sofa.  We went off for coffee and a quick look at a shabby chic style, antiquey, gift shop in town. They look sadly in need of proper shabby chic stuff so I might get my finger out and start using up all that fabric I have been collecting.  Back to Jaime, last stitch put in around  2.30 p.m., all the sewing stuff put back in its hidey holes by 3.00 and I sat there all smug and happy.  The fact that it should of been finished a long long time ago passed by.   I did actually start to enjoy doing cross stitch again so I might go through all my photo albums and see if there is a nice piccy to turn into a cross stitch.



I packaged up the dishclothes and I know at least two people who would be happy to get them. Hey, I got estactic when Pat fetched me back the old fashioned sort from the UK a couple of years ago. I still have two that haven't been used. Just an old fashioned girl thats me.

Going chrissy shopping properly today, was going down to the BIG CITY but I'm not in the mood for the long drive and the excessive heat and the crowds. So I'm sticking to the SMALL TOWN.  Still excessive heat (not as bad as on the cost but its still hot) and the shops will be busy but at least I won't be tempted by things I don't need and home is only 12 minutes away.

Also going to the Fairy Shop in Malanda while Pat has her hair cut - lots of pretty things and some shabby chic but nothing hand crafted. In fact the other shabby chic shop in Atherton has nothing hand crafted. Unfortunately both shops are up for sale (and have been for a long time) but it might be worth just running up a few things and seeing if they will take them. No harm in trying.  Somewhere in my stash I have a very pretty chintzy rose fabric, metres and metres of it, I bought it in an op-shop in Cairns for about $3.   I don't remember seeing it when I was looking for the fabric for Jaimee's borders. Please, please don't say that in one of my clutter cleaning exercises I sent it to the op-shop.

I am getting serious withdrawal symptoms from not being able to op-shop at will.  I'm even dreaming about op-shopping now.  I need my fix - will we have time today to sneak into just one op-shop, I mean its just round the corner from BigW and IGA. I so miss working in the op-shop in Malanda, I just hate having principles and  scruples sometimes. Way back in winter we packaged away a lot of chrissy stuff that came in, there was a beautiful table cloth and some cute little pottery santas, I was going to get them there and then but no, I put them on the high shelf at the back of the shop.  Its a long story why I won't go in and its not even anything to do with me but I am loyal to my friends but I can feel that urge getting stronger and stronger and I'm going to break sooner or later.


hugs, love and light


janjan

No comments:

Post a Comment