Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just hanging around in a towel



Darling No.2 son woke me this morning slamming cupboard doors and grumbling about something, it was still dark outside so I didn't rise to the bait and dozed back off again. 10 minutes later I'm wide awake and its 5.15 a.m. The sky is starting to lighten and there is no way I'm going to drop back off again. Well I might as well jump out of bed and make a start on the day - washing in the machine, tend my farm town farm - harvest, plow and plant, shower (clean another wall while I'm in there), have my coffee and then just hang around in my towel till its time to get dressed. Check out a few blogs, searching endlessly for inspiration.


Yesterday I did make one more dishcloth and put 375 crosses in Jaime No.2 and I did rearrange the mess in the craft room. I am amazed it stayed clean for so long, this must be a record. The above photo is actually the before the big stash busting effort. Perhaps a third of that yarn is gone - transformed into ami's. hats, scarves, flowers and baby shoes. But the mess has gradually crept back and its looking pretty much the same now.


New craft at the moment is neeedle felting, I picked up some wonderful hand dyed roving from a spinner who came into the shop. I'm just playing at the moment - doodling in roving. Just randomly felting, playing with colours and seeing what comes out. There was a little spark there, I felt it deep down inside, a stirring. Whilst stitching yesterday I tried to analyse my feelings as I was working - was this just a chore that I had to get done, I kept looking at the clock - no, time was not standing still, was i hypnotised by the gentle movement of the needle and threads, had i got "into my groove". Came to the conclusion I think way too much.



This is one of my quiet spots, dawn at the lake, mist gently lifting, the pelicans drifting past. Unfortunately its also taken over by jet-skiers and boaties during the christmas holiday season so I only go there early mornings.
Better go get a wiggle on - I've a doctors appointment at 9.30, results due in from my ultrasound on my thyroid. Keeping fingers crossed I don't have to have another biopsy. Since Matt has my car my friend is coming over soon to pick me up.


Hugs, love and light


janjan

No comments:

Post a Comment