Friday, December 25, 2009

PANIC

I have just been informed that I am cooking christmas dinner for the family, by noon.  Phoned up my son to wish them merry christmas and asked what he was doing for christmas dinner and he said "coming over to you Mum, Matt invited us". Wheres Matt - fast asleep in bed, wheres Mum - running round the kitchen like a headless chook.  Veggies all peeled and cut up, table set.  Its like feeding five thousand (or however many there were), I didn't buy too many veggies  I hadn't cleaned behind the dining table as I didn't intend to open it out - now I know where all the spiders were living.  I had to rearrange all the christmas displays around the house sp that I could make a table display,  move the christmas tree - christmas table runner was under the tree.  So now while the rudely awakened Matt make us our christmas bacon butty I'm catching up on the puter. Phoned mum, who was having a seniors moment and had made the full works christmas dinner for her and my brother - only to realise that she was a day early and it was still chritmas eve (UK). 
Thank the Lord for the christmas Hamper - full of lovely goodies to share around.

Okay leg of lamb ready to go in, quick tidy up before the family get here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment