Friday, April 23, 2010

speechless still..........

........croaky and snufling.  Sounds likes an undertakers.

Matt knocked the head off the Balinese Running Duck last night.  How on earth am I going to shut the bathroom door now. I remember walking round Brisbane with it tucked under my arm, we caused a stir when we were waiting to cross the pedestrian crossing, I placed him on the floor and then stood back and watched the confused faces of the motorists.  My friend at this stage had totally disowned me. My husband was having a liver op and as we walked into the hospital to visit him he had been allowed out and was sitting in the hospital cafe with a cousin he had only just met that day. At least she knows now that the insanity doesn't run on their side of the family.  The duck I should say before the RSPCA come get me is a 3ft high wooden one, well he was before his head got knocked off. I got locked in the loo when the lock broke and a neighbour had to come break the lock off to get me out, I was intending to fit a new one, I've got the new lock and I'm hoping that if I look desperate enough I can get someone to fit it for me.  I can do it myself if I try, its not rocket science but until I get that bored the Duck will suffice with or without his head.  So now I shall shout - Locks broken on the loo door, ya'll have to out the headless duck behind the door.
Of course I made Matt feel really guilty, his late father collected ducks, it was a special present for him after his op, something to bring a smile to his face etc etc etc.   I wonder what damage he's going to do today, oh god I hope they don't let him loose with the chainsaw.

Jan

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE lock-up ANYTHING sharp, especially sharp with a motor attached!!

    Oh I can imagine you must have been a sight walking thru town with a huge duck under your arm!! Hopefully both the door and the duck will soon be restored to their 'proper' condition :)

    ReplyDelete