Saturday, April 17, 2010

I woke yesterday snufflng and sniffling. I had to drag myself out of bed to go into town. I parked the car far enough away so I could get a good walk in, walked all the way down to my bank to discover their hole in the wall wasn't working so had to walk all the way back and further to my other bank. Happy discovery that I had money in my account so I could pay the bills. Walked back to where I normally park the car to find I'd parked it somewhere else.  Oh well at least I'd got a good walk in.  Did a quick shop at IGA, remembered I needed rice.  I was home before 9.30, packed the shopping away to find 2 packets of rice in the cupboard already.  I dosed myself up on panadol and went off to a friends to help her sort out her new printer. I just couldn't get my head round it. I managed to get her new webcam up and running though (quite by accident) what a shock that was seeing myself suddenly on the computer screen - not a pretty picture.  Then home, dizzy and aching. Matt made me a cup of tea and I lay down on the sofa while he cooked dinner.
Hardly slept a wink last night, when I did doze I had the ancestors chasing me with all these remedies for colds and flu, the dog had terrible wind all night (thank god I couldn't smell anything). I tried to read, did a couple of sudoku's, got up, pottered around, went back to bed. I don't get colds, well not full blown ones (scuse the pun), just little sniffles I usually throw off after 24 hours. I had the flu jab a few weeks ago so I'm hoping that I can throw this off.
Still its a good excuse to just laze around and do nothing, no guilt over staying bed half the morning with a good book. Though knowing me of old I will probably rush around doing the housework and cleaning so that if someone does come round the house will be tidy and they won't think me lazy (this is a inherited trait from my mother and my nan). The guilt does creep in and I succumb to a cleaning frenzy. Basically I am an untidy person, I could quite easily allow the place to become a hovel but where other people have inner children I have an inner cleaner who suffers from OCD.
I did the thumbs on the mittens (I'm knitting two mittens at once) and because they are being donated to a charity that provides warm clothes for the homeless I did a larger size, the thumbs looks massive. I only have little hands and they drown me. What is the average length of a thumb of a woman about 5'6"+.
I've got to tackle a couple of assignments for the job network I go to. I'm not good on bigging myself up but.
I'll try and tackle that, then get the forms for the mystery shopper job out of the way and posted. Then I can sit and tackle the practise transcribing for the Lancashire OPC. I went to the op-shops and managed to get back the books I'd donated for Excel and Access and I have to try and get this fuzzy dizzy head round all that. This is me being lazy by the way - after my triple by-pass I had to be literally forced to rest while my friends cleaned for me, I moved off the sofa and there was always one of them spying on me. The inner cleaner got really wound up over that, but luckily the inner slattern came to her rescue.  I am hoping she will surface this weekend and allow me to rest.


Jan

Thanks for the hugs Cuz

1 comment:

  1. Oh please Jan, take care of yourself!! No-one is going to think the less of you if things get a little untidy!! And if necessary bully, cajoe, bribe your son to do the basics for you. Tell him a half hour on the end of the vacuum/floor mop etc will build up his pecs ;)

    ReplyDelete