Tuesday, April 13, 2010

skeletons in the cupboard

Oh boy and what a nasty evil one it is too.   Most of the Australians I have spoken to about tracing their british ancestors are always eager to find a criminal amongst their ranks and they are quite proud of this.  I unfortunately have a fourth cousin just discovered that is a very nasty piece of work. I have discovered more of my nans family and have filled in a few more holes - they have william dying in 1900 as well Norma and don't know much about him.

I googled the family name and came up with a report of a murder trial of a young man with the same name, a horrible murder. He's just been given 23 years.  This was before my new cousin in the UK told me one of 'our' lot had just got 23 years.  Put two and two together and we have one evil evil man.

I'll have to go and immerse myself in getting this cross stitch finished to get rid of the nasty taste this discovery has left. 

2 comments:

  1. Don't jump to conclusions too quickly Jan, can you find out from the 'new' UK cousin why she referred to him as 'one of our lot' - it may be a 'throw away line' based on the name or she may know more. Either way it would be interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the extra info you emailed me - big brother John has been 'hanging out' for a criminal to turn up but I don't think he was hoping for 'murder most foul'!!

    ReplyDelete