Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Inspiration hits - KAPOW

Okay, its either feast or famine with me. Last night I sat down to crochet my one little daisy, one little daisy looked lonesome so I did a few more, drew out a heart shape and proceeded to fill in the heart shape with lots of daisies.  This morning I made a start crocheting some motifs form the library book I got yesterday. Ooops, its a good job I'm fairly clued up on crochet as the book has plenty of mistakes - now I have ideas for things swimming round my head.  Then this morning a friend dropped in with a book for me from our mutual in/outlaw - Beading Design with Semi-Precious Stones by Kim Gover.  Since I have heaps and heaps of semi-precious stones and have a great supplier to get more I was inspired to get out my beading boxes.
So many things to do and not enough hours. So in the morning while the light is good I will embroider, its cooler then, in the afternoon when the sun gets round to the front of the house I will bead. I can embroider anywhere but tI need my desk to bead properly. In the evenings when it gets cooler again I can crochet.
Somewhere in all of that activity I will fit the shopping and housework.  The doctor while pleased I have a hobby to occupy my mind says all that sitting doing the craft is bad, so for every 20 mins inactivity I will rush around like mad doing housework for 20 mins or gardening even. 

So the plan is..........................

1)  To work on new designs with the goal of getting a design accepted by Embroidery & CrossStitch magazine.  Research what is currently popular (this would mean buying craft magazines and cruising round the web, what a lovely excuse)

2)  To finish of the designs already started with the goal of submitting them to HandMade and Creating Country Threads magazines.

3)  Creating the patterns for the amigurmi dolls I made up as I went along. 

4)  Looking into making kits for basic embroidery designs.  I have the patterns already written up for the simple designs I have had in the magazines before.  Need to price fabric, threads etc.

I think that is enough or now.

Now to get back to normal life.  The low pressure system is out in the Coral Sea and is expected to develop into a cyclone. This will affect our area. So I have to get prepared just in case its a bad one.  Make sure torches are working, make sure we have candles and matches accessible, make sure first aid kit is up to date, make sure plenty of food, check there are no things around the garden that could become missiles. Clean out the window wells, move pot plants to a protected place.  Move electrical stuff off the floor in the sheds, get out the tarps, find the battery operated radio and check its working.  Check the holiday home next door. 
The damm thing could hover around out in the gulf for days before it intensifys and it might just fizzle out but we have to take these precautions. 

So better get to it,


Jan

PS: Did 30 mins in the garden, ended up weeding rather than moving stuff.  That can be the next job, after 30 mins of embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment