Saturday, January 2, 2010

1.21 p.m. 2nd January 2010



I can't believe I did what I did but after turning my craft room upside down I obviously did.  Since I can't find that beautiful rose chintz fabric I can only assume that I packed it off to the thrift store, But I did find lots of ufo.s to keep me going. 


This was started as a project while I was hanging around in the hospitals while my late beloved had his chemo and then lay hidden away in a bag of scraps. Theres only one more set of roses to embroider, it will be hard to match up the threads but I'm sure that somewhere in my large stash there will be the right colours.
I might make it into a small drawstring bag or a pin cushion. I wish I had taken a photo of the pin cushion I did that was very similar to this.  I think I might of but I have a feeling it was in the photo file that I lost when my puter crashed.



I love crewel and jacobean embroidery and I seem to start and then lose interest, this was intended to be the front of a amulet bag, it was only started a few months ago so perhaps its still a WIP and not a UFO, I did find a little bag of threads that might actually belong to this so I won't have to match up the threads. This one I was making up as I went along so it won't matter if I change the colours.
Well, these were started many christmases ago, my dear friend Maureen got me hooked on crazy patchwork and as I hate wasting anything these were perfect for using up all those odd scraps that I just hated to throw away.  Each christmas they come out and I try to do a bit more, but then I lose heart with them and they get hidden away for another year.Some of the fabric I brought with me to Australia from the UK 17 years ago, some my mother in law sent me.Maybe this year will be their year.


These are only the tip of the ice-berg in the ufo pile, I should really get every single one out and photo the whole lot. Is this blog big enough for the whole kit and caboodle. Am I brave enough to show the whole world the extent of my inabilities to ever finish anything off.
Bribe me with chocolate and I might.


janjan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, thanks for stopping by my little Blog. Fancy you being a Lancashire lass - all the way over there!
    We did'nt get any bids on the Blackjack wrappers - I think Hubby put them on ebay with too high a start price, still maybe he will try again in a few weeks, I dont think may people have money to splash about in the weeks leading up to Christmas - I know I dont! lol!
    I've put you on the Followers bit - thingy - so I can get regular updates of your adventures!
    Keep Blogging - I find it facinating, the differences and yet simaralities of a similar life lived in a far away country! Thankyou for brightening my life!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have some beautiful ufos going on there. I am amazed at your handwork. I love it when I can finish a ufo that was cast aside. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! Hope 2010 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete