Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday 15th Jan

Ooops, need another coffee, not quite a wake yet.  After a busy day yesterday cleaning  the holiday home next door for my neighbour I feel great. Its a very strange feeling. A few aches and pains but thats to be expected after cleaning walls and scrubbings bathrooms. But I feel fine otherwise, no breathlessness, no chest pains. I sat down after I finished to read for a while and suddenly realised I was feeling okay, I analysed the feeling as I always do which is a habit I need to get out of.   Could be a one off or it could be that I am not so focused on my damm health.  I never used to be, but then I wasn't affected by anything, didn't even know I was a ticking time-bomb waiting to go off.  All you ladies approaching 50 watch your health, heart disease and diabetes symptoms can mimic menapause - hot sweats, leg aches, itching skin, headaches, fatigue  etc. Being women we tend to ignore these things and carry on regardless. I was 49, recently widowed and just getting back into the workforce after years of caring for kids and my hubby. I'd had symptoms for years but ignored them. I nearly died,   Get regular cholestrol, blood pressure and sugar tests. If your health centre do free well women clinics get yourself along there. Okay, lecture over for today.


I had the house to myself last night, didn't watch tele again, played a bit on the computer and  then sat down and finished the doll I was making.  Sorry about the bad quality of the photo, it was late and the light was bad and then the batteries died on the camera.  She's  for a christmas in July submission - based on my little grandaughter Stacey who is a very individual miss, very independant and has her own sense of style. 
We have christmas in JUly here in the middle of our winter, not that our winters here in the Tropicl Far North of Queensland get very cold but down south it does (they even get snow)



Just another little corner of my craft room. I was looking for a certain button and completely forgot about this little spice cupboard I use for my small buttons. I tend to overlook it when I'm looking for a button, its mainly for display.  I bought it at a garage sale, probably only paid a dollar.  Definately one of my best finds.  The old buttons on the card were in a very nice foreign biscuit tin I also picked up at a garage sale, it was full of old sewing bits and pieces and I think I only paid a dollar for that as well.  I really miss finding bargains like that.  The darning mushroom and the wooden cotton reels were also in the tin.   I really do need to find that passion again, I need to feel that rush of adrenalin when I'm on the hunt. I just seem to be going through the motions, just living each day as it comes, it just needs something a bit more. 
I didn't even look in the paper to see what garage sales were on this weekend. 



Don.t like the sounds of that, sirens have gone rushing through town,  more sirens now.  There is a very windy mountain road down to the coast about 10 klms out of town , I hope nobody has gone off it.  I always do a quick check of where all my kids and friends should be right now.  Our fire engine hasn't gone out yet,  just the police and the ambulance from the next town.


Better go get dressed, nah, better go make another coffee, have breakfast and then get dressed. Going out today to look at a house my friend is going to rent, its near the tea plantation so might call in there for morning tea.  Its got great country views so hopefully my camera batteries will be charged up enough to take some piccys.

No comments:

Post a Comment