Monday, January 18, 2010

Getting my mojo back

Okay I have a few hours to kill before my hospital appointment and thanks to Vicky at Anglesey Allsorts I'm going to be rummaging around for something to embroider - one daisy, well Vicky I know I won't be able to stop at one and I am very good at daisies.  What sort do you want - I'm fond of the sailor boy daisy or maybe just a sweet little ordinary daisy.  You do know what you have started or it was it your intention all along.

Yesterday I did something I have not done for a long time - I started and finished a project in one day, I made a sister for the christmas in july angel. Well I had to check the pattern and thought since yesterday was a miserable drizzly day I would stay in and get stuck into it.  So santa's little helper was born.  I can't say I got great joy out of it but I disciplined myself to it and determined at least to get to sewing on limbs stage.
I amazed myself by sticking to it and put the last finishing touches on at 11 p.m. last night.  In fact despite the fact I had finished I was still rummaging around for a christmas button way after midnight.  oooooooooohhhh - I don't really want to go in that craft room this morning, I just remembered the mess I mad in there.

I'm typing away and all I really want to do is make a start on the daisies..........Shasta's, I love Shasta Daisy, I'm going to walk away from the puter and get the gardening books out or maybe marguerittes (sp ?).  I've been published in two of the best craft mags in Oz but what I really really really want is to get a design in Embroidery and CrossStitch. But I'm going to start small.......... a little little daisy and I'm going to go now..........Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Thats the way - get those creative juices flowing! You will feel so much better in yourself!
    Well done!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete