Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Stars of the Show

These beauties first made light of day on Crochetvilles CAL (Crochet A Long),  I started off learning the pattern with a 6 point, then 12 and then 24 (which I won't be doing again anytime soon)  They became very addictive and I'm think that maybe I could do a rainbow one with all my yarn stash, just a little baby 6 point.. I did follow the original pattern  but then after making a few serendiptidous mistakes went my own way with them. Most of the yarn used was already in my stash and I think I only had to buy a couple of hundred gram balls for the 24 point one. I love the varigated yarn thats in the middle of the 12 point and the outer edges of the blue one, unfortunately I can't get that one any more. Its funny because I didn't like it when I bought it but needed a more masculine yarn, it crocheted up really well but the craft shop in town decided at the same time I wanted more that they weren't going to stock wool anymore and were just going to be beading, patchwork and scrapping.  A new shop has opened up that supplies all the old dears for their charity knitting and she will order in small amounts but looking through the Magnum books this one seems to have been discontinued. I live in hope that perhaps I'll find some on my garage saling and op-shop forays.
I'm trying to arrange a play date with my friend, we need to catch up, I really do need to vacumm though before I do anything else and wash a few blankets, if I'm lucky I might get stuff out on the line for a few hours. The storms have been starting early these days but if I get a couple of hours drying time that should get everything dried. 

3 comments:

  1. wow!Magnificent! You really are a talented lady.
    Get some housework done. lol!!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, tried to leave a comment but don't think it went through, so please ignore if this is a duplicate.
    Anyhoo, just wanted to say your crochet work is brilliant! What a creative girl you are!
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :)
    Just wondering if you knew any moms that would be interested in the beautiful giveaway going on right now at www.freeprettythingsforyou.com? If you do please let them know!
    Thank you so much!!
    Keren

    ReplyDelete