Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines day

Well there won't be any cards, flowers or choccies coming my way this year. No man on the horizon for me. I'm just too fussy.  I like being on my own (when I'm allowed to be). I really don't think I want to go through all the hassles of building a new relationship up. But if it happens it happens and if he's rich as well - then maybe I'll make the effort.
But for now I LOVE ME, there are parts that I have fallen out with though, but I'm sure I can learn to love them - grey hairs, wrinkles, saggy bits.

My youngest and his girlfriend dropped in last night on their way home from riding motorbikes and quad bikes all over the hills, muddy, bruised and very happy and very tired. I was worried about them driving down the mountain range late at night but Linda had to get back so we fed them, poured coffee into Ryan and off they went. 

I'm going to settle down today to watch the winter games, I used to like the Luge but after that poor Georgian luger was horrifically killed I think I'll give that one a miss. I hope they do ban it.  It showed the arial view of the Luge track on the news last night, its hard to imagine travelling along it at 148+ klms, with really no control at all.  I didn't think they would show the actual moment of impact, I thought they were just showing another Luger on the track.  Prayers and thought go out to his poor family.

On a lighter note I'm trying to find photo's of all my past craft work, I lost a lot when my puter crashed but I have a lot of 'real' photographs in a suitcase I can scan.  Despite losing my mojo I have been quite busy these last couple of months. In fact when I look at all the stuff I have made in the past 9 months I am amazed. Not bad for someone who isn't feeling crafty.  I was forced into it though and if thats what I can do when I'm not in the mood what can I achieve when the mood finally does hit.
These gloves I knit before last winter, first attempt and I was quite pleased with them.  I used the itchy grey vintage wool and since they've been worn in and washed a few times they are not too itchy and have softened up.  They'll probably last a few years since there probably only a couple of weeks of really cold weather in our winter. 
....and this little beauty is the first sock I knitted, the second one looks pretty good as well.  First time I had knitted on four needles, took a while to get the hang of it, needles flying everywhere, the poor dog diving for cover every five minutes but I mastered it in the end, turning a heel and doing the toes were easier than I expected and I will definately be doing another pair ready for this winter, might be a bit braver and do a patterned one. 
The weather is fine at the moment but storm clouds are around, the monsoon rains will probably wait till this arvy so I want to try and get the lawns around the house done while the grass is still dry.  Now, do I have brekky first or after I've mowed. Looking at the dark clouds that have just come over and the way the birds are behaving outside I might be better rushing out now and getting it done. The weather here is very unpredictable at the best of times but with all these 'worst/wettest/hottest/driest/snowiest/coldest etc weather since' patterns around the world who knows what its going to do.  But there again I might just go into the kitchen and make myself a bacon butty, hopefully the aroma of cooking bacon might waft through the house and waken my son and he might get out there and get the lawns done. We live in hope.

UPDATE: 12.59  - well fat chance of that happening, he's gone off to Kuranda to see a mate, I got out the mower and made a start, done half of the back lawn and half of the driveway side of the house.  Pulled out my 100 weeds a day, hung out the washing, put 100 crosses in a crossstitch, had my bacon butty, just about to have my fourth coffee of the day and then defrost something for dinner tonight, might put yesterdays washing away if I get a burst of energy after my coffee.  No-one could call me lazy, so I'm going to plonk myself down soon and just take it easy for the rest of the day.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm just popping round to the other members of the 20 minuters to give them the opportunity to join in the Gift draw in our blog shop. It is partly down to the encouragement of MarmaladeRose that I am still really enjoying doing my 20 minutes of crafting every day and this is stocking the shelves in our shop. I hope you will pop over and join in the fun. The draw will be made on Mon 22nd Feb so this is the last week. If you choose to join in Good Luck. :-)
    http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
    Many thanks,
    A x

    ReplyDelete