Friday, February 19, 2010

SHOPPING DAY

I really really do not want to go shopping today, only the temptation of meeting a friend for coffee in town is enticing me.  Its wet out there, its miserable and theres more to come.  If the roads on the coast get cut off with floods, as they are very likely to do then the food lorries can't get up here so while I have the energy I'd better get in there and do things. I need soft toy fill as well, I bought the last few bags that Crazy's had before they closed down and now I'm down to enough to stuff a hand.  I hope I can get some as I'm on a roll with these dolls and hope to get them off to the mags next week.  The storms are getting worse here, I've never known thunder and lightning like it. The Transformer outside my friends house about 7 klms away took a direct hit the other night and she narrowly missed being hit as a bolt of lightning shot through her house, she lost her computer and the electrics to all the plug sockets in the back of her house burnt out.  They don't usually start till about 3 in the arvy, so I get the dinner started and all the chores in and out done before then, then I curl up with my craft or a book on the sofa with the dog pressed as close to me as she can get and watch the storms build up. 
I rearranged the books shelves yesterday, dusted and polished so I can actually see and smell that I have been busy.I'm into table runners at the moment, I've picked a few up at garage sales and op-shops with the intent to do something with them.  The book stand in the main living area is only very narrow so I want to make one for the top of there. I might crochet one in white, I keep the family photo's on there and there is a white mirror over it.  Well better get off, got to go get petrol first.

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Have a good day! I know - I hate, absolutely hate shopping, its just so boring, and I hate supermarkets- but unfortunately we have to eat!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete