Monday, February 8, 2010

My First Award

Thankyou Vicky for that, now I have to find out how to get it up on my blog so I can send it out to others.

Okay so here it is, now my part is to list five things which give me pleasure and then pass it on to five deserving bloggy friends.

1)  Collecting(read hoarding here) - I must own up to being a buttonoholic, I love buttons, I have jars and jars and jars and jars. I did have over 250,000 before I had a big clear out, now maybe only about 150,000 (buttons not jars hahahah).I have antique glass ones, beautiful little enamalled stars reputed to have been from Queen Victorias dressmaker, celluloid, silver, bakelite, fifties, sixties, tiny up to Kirsty Allsops huge things.  I have a big 50 litre box of loose buttons which is wonderful to just dive into.  I promise a photo some day soon.
I also collect mustard pots, I have two wall cupboards full of them (well only nearly 50, theres room for a few more), I love the thrill of the chase.  Again I'll post piccys someday.

2)  Embroidery - my all time passion, I love threads, I love creating something that hopefully in a hundred years time will be on antique road show with a holographic Michael Aspel wondering over my fine stitches.

3)  My family - really that should of been number 1 shouldn't it.  From my sons to my grandkids, my wonderful in-laws and all my wonderful friends that are honourary family members - I love them all.

4)  I love blogging, reading blogs, cruising blogs and creating blogs - from all corners of the globe sharing our passions,  making friends and holding out the hand of friendship.

5) Reading - I love to read,  biographies, cook books, chick books, murder mysteries, crafting, blogs, metaphysical, self help, history - anything with words in fact.  I've even got a whole shelf dedicated to books on words. I draw the line though at military history books though despite having shelves full of them.  

So who do I pass the award on to, so many wonderful deserving blogs out there and I have to pick five, hard call.
Why can't I turn off italics.


http://michellsplace.blogspot.com/

http://vonlipisfavorites.blogspot.com/  - this will open your eyes to the world of Pyrex, believe me you'll be racing to your cupboards looking fro granny old hand me downs.

http://marmaladerose.blogspot.com/  - a wonderful post, join the 20 min a day challenge here, encourage those on this journey. 

http://lalleescottage.blogspot.com/  -  Check out the finds, lovely vintage, shabby things. I want to go stay in her guest room, without the cats of course.


Check out these wonderful blogs, give encouragement, leave a comment. Who knows where it will lead - a new pyrex collector, there are the most wonderful scrapbookers/vintage, shabby etc who are seriously tempting me to start a new craft.  Look at my blog list, make a deal with yourself to look at one new blog a day and add it to your favourites.  Try and make something from someones blog at least once a week. Believe me there are some excellent recipes out there, its worth the drool over the keyboards.

Happy blogging

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the sweet award! I loved seeing all your pretty needlework. You are very talented.
    ♥Lallee

    ReplyDelete