Tuesday, August 9, 2011

washing frenzy

Having what seems like endless days of drizzle and grey skies, yesterday we got blue skies that lasted from sun up to sun down. Since the weather has been so unpredictable of late I worked myself up into a washing frenzy - off came the sheets and doona covers and into the wash, I scoured the house for things to clean. Five loads of washing blowing in the breeze, what a sight.  Now I am sitting staring at a humungous pile of clean washing requiring folding, ironing and putting away.  Funny, I don't seem to be as enthusiatic over washing as I did yesterday.

The washing machine has just finished the stray things from yesterday, I'm off to peg out again - I'll take my camera down with me again. The King Parrots are in the bananas and if I sneak up on them I might be able to get a shot in. Typical, I did all my camera settings before I went out of the house and not one parrot was there, there are a few bananas that they have left but the friar birds are finishing them off and they are not a very photogenic bird.

I seem to be in a bit of a slump with my crocheting - I sat down yesterday and tried to recreate a couple of small amigurumi's I had made off the top of my head a couple of years ago and as usual I hadn't written the pattern down, so using the photo as a guide I had 1 attempt that turned out quite cute but bigger than I wanted and two attempts that got frogged twice each.  Rather than push myself I'm going to put away the hooks for a few days, I think its just overload. I've lost track of how many flowers and hearts I have made recently, plus all the snowdolls and the curly top dolls for a shop in town.  I have enough stock now to be going on with, perhaps I will put all my yarn away and clear my work bench and work on making the little stitchery kits. 



I know her ears aren't right, looking at the photo of the others I think I did them in a circle for a couple of rows and then shaped them with decreases and increases.  But somebody will love her I'm sure and she can go in the basket of pigs.
While searching for the pattern I came across a basket full of body parts, heads, arms, legs but no bodies. They make up two of the long legs and curly top dolls. I might just get them finished cos I'm sure the bodies are somewhere and then they can go in the pig basket. 

Okay less talk and drivel, I'm off to get creative, the washing is out, the sun is shining, the painkillers have kicked in......oh yes, I forgot, doctors appointment - lots of gallstones, moderately acute pancreatitis and a fatty liver. Now waiting for an appointment coming through to see the surgeon. 

Jan

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little fuzzy face kitten. Her ears don't look wrong to me - she's adorable.

    So nice that you've had a lovely day and were able to hang the wash - such a nice clean smell from blowing in the breeze.

    Good luck with your doctors appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan! I wanted to wish you a most wonderful Birthday! Have a happy day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete