Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rain...no, sunshine, no, Rain, no, sunshine........

I wish this weather would make its mind up. Blue skies one minute, grey and drizzly the next. I definately did not feel like sitting around a muddy car park where the markets are held.

Thanks for all your comments.  Thinking back over the years I think this problem has been going on for a while, even before the heart by-pass.  Certain foods have always creased me up and I have noticed the past couple of years I've had to tone down the curries and the spicy food. Pastry always makes me feel ill and I know when I get stressed my stomach goes haywire. Probably because I've been eating low fat food and always eat lots of veggies I've kept it at bay, but last weekends little pig-out obviously affected me. Now I have a problem which came first the heart problem, the diabetes or the gall bladder problem and of course don't forget the thyroid. Oh well, never mind, I'm still here and kicking, obviously I'm too hard to get rid of.  I saw a sign somewhere and it said somewhere along the lines of - too bad for heaven and the devil couldn't handle me, can't remember the first line of the last.  What sort of foods are best to eat apart from the obvious no.no's. I've have no appetite what so ever and I'm a bit wary to eat anything anyway, I'm managing a small bowl of porridge for brekky and I had a small bowl again for supper, nothing in between.

Sally, I was thinking of you the other day, I'm getting back into the family research and sorted out what I know, I've got all the families in a muddle so I'm sorting out my lot and the other lot into seperate files, I found the piccy of the couple with two little boys, I had sent it to my hubbys aunt but she never confirmed wether it was a reli or not, she's keeping all the information close to her chest and despite me helping her to remove a few bricks from the wall she's very reluctant to give me information that shes found that would help me.
 
The opening of the art exhibition was wonderful 4 young girls sang acappella (?sp), close your eyes are you were listening to angels. It was beautiful.  A wonderful spread of drinks and nibblies.......and a great big strawberry chocolate gateau. Life can be so unfair sometimes LOL.  I met up with people I hadn't seen for years, I'm all hugged out after catching up with everyone.  I've been invited to put something in next year, the theme will be migration, a few ideas floating around, knowing me, rather than actually try out a few of those ideas I will wait till the month before, get myself into a panic when nothing goes right and then chicken out.  Perhaps this will be the something new to try.
Now we have blue sky and rain. The verandah is full of wet washing and more needs doing, my dryer needs a new belt. I could fit it myself but when I took the back off there was no way to get to the belt, it seems that you have to take the drum out and thats above me, I could take it out but then it would be putting it all back together again.
I've got some paperwork to do (I've been putting it off all week), 2 hours should see it all cleared up and then I'm going to get settled into some serious crafting.  The crocheting seems to take up all of my time, I've found another outlet for the brooches so need to get a few made up and packaged nicely to show her.  I really, really want to get back to embroidery, I had all those stitcherys designed to submit to the mag and never got them done, so I am going to make up each one as a little wall hanging for display and then make kits. 
I'm gonna go read blogs for half an hour,  then get this damm paperwork done.

Jan

1 comment:

  1. Don't blame you for avoidign a muddy market - yuk!

    Do hope you'll be feeling better soon, gallbladder problems are not fun - I was glad to get shot of mine a couple of years ago.

    I like the idea of the little wallhangings :)

    ReplyDelete