Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How does your garden grow.....

 
......mine is finally coming to life. Flowers on my zucchini and my eggplants - vegetables that I am not particularly fond of but I seem to grow very well, at least I can swap them for veggies I like later.
Bits of colour finally showing in an otherwise colourless garden.  My fault really, I haven't been too interested in getting the garden going, just half hearted attempts to fill pots up with bedders, but once that sunshine comes out its a mad rush to get everything in.  I had some seeds where the packets had got damp and had all stuck together, it was impossible to see what was in the packets so I have scattered them willy nilly all over the garden, it will be interesting to see what comes up. 

It might be hard to see these guys - red-browed finches. I was going to scrap this photo as I thought there was nothing on it, the king parrots I was originally intending to photo flew off, as I approached the bottom of the garden a cloud of finches rose up off the ground and took off after the parrots. These ones must have been brave and stayed behind to see what was going on.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! And thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a great comment. I too consider Anne my hero.

    Do you have trouble finding the book at thrift shops where you live? I'm always seeing the book here in NS; and I have one I'd love to send you. Just email me with your address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking very colorful. I find it frustratingly hard to take pictures of birds but I keep trying. Your little finch is lovely.

    ReplyDelete