Friday, August 5, 2011

Bugger

Haven't I been saying I am enjoying my life, haven't I recently said I am happy with life, things are looking good............Okay, not so good news first thing this morning. Wednesday night and the early hours of thursday morning saw me practically on my hands and knees in pain,  just when I decided to ring the ambo's I threw up and what a relief that was, the pain went away. I managed to get a few hours sleep in. When I woke I could taste blood (something I have been doing for a few weeks) and I spat up a couple of little clots.I wasn't hungry so didn't have breakfast, I had a discomfort in my abdomen so I decided to phone the doctor and see if I could get in - I had to go in straight away, had a whole heap of tests and they booked me a ultra sound for this arvy.  Doc phoned me first thing this morning and said all the blood tests point to it being the gall bladder, the pain was probably coming from the pancreas which also showed up as something wrong.  The ultra sound will confirm what is going on.   If I get the pain that bad again over the weekend, its straight to hospital, do not pass go, do not collect $200.  I have had the pain in my shoulder blade for a while, my doc usually sticks me on the heart monitor and says every thing is fine  since I had no other symptoms, I've been on a good diet, no fatty foods, restricted my dairy for ages, I'm always careful what I eat because of the reflux. But sunday on our day out I had a steak sandwich loaded with fried onions and a passionfruit custard slice,, I felt a few niggles Monday but nothing out of the ordinary, I've been feeling sick after meals for a while but nothing that much that it would concern me. What really p's me off is that for the diabetes and this gallbladder thing weight loss is one of the symptoms - its the only symptom I haven't got. What concerns me is how everything is moving along quickly,  they don't seem to be wasting anytime, most people I talk to have waited ages to see doctors, have tests etc.
Oh well, as long as I've got my hooks and plenty of yarn it won't be too bad, I won't be feeling guilty about cro'ing all day then.

Jan

4 comments:

  1. I do hope all is well. Thinking of you and sending good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, the only good thing in all of this is that you are apparently getting the attention you need. Keep us posted and do take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan - oh dear, I hope you are feeling better but don't ignore these symptoms and get into the hospital. My doc's bumbled about for nearly five years - I got what I called "swirly stomach" whenever I got stressed. They thought ulcers. Well - ended in the hospital on the edge of shock, took them three days to work out it was the gall bladder. I felt better almost immediately - only issue is that spicy foods don't agree with me as much as they used to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're getting the care you need, but not after suffering a lot. Gall bladder acting up can be a real pain! I had mine out almost 10 years ago. Don't miss it a bit. Hope you're feeling perky again soon.

    ReplyDelete