Sunday, December 7, 2014

December Update

We had a beaut storm last night, lots of lightning and thunder and a fair amount of rain.  It carried on way into the early hours, the house shaking with the thunder.  The power was flicking off and on.....right in the good bits of Inspector Lynley and just when i was on an intricate bit of crocheting.  I was surprised there was only 33mm in the rain gauge, sounded like a lot more.
Ok, so thats the weather report out of the way, now to get down to the interesting stuff.
Hooking.  The name of this blog just isnt doing it for me anymore, my world of Little Petal blog and Hooking in the Tropics aren't working either.  Do I start a new blog and move over posts i want to keep and get rid of the others.  I've certainly hooked up plenty this year, including three extra large bikinis, 2 dozen prs of fingerless mitts, 12 baby blankets, 8 flower garlands and almost 50 ami's.  Hooking and embroidery are my two main passions, admittedly embroidery has taken a huge backseat for the moment.  I'm happy with what I have achieved this year.  Surprisingly the carpal tunnel pain has gone, the only time i get aggro from it is if I have too much wheat or forget my magnesium tablets.
There is such a lot that I want to make...lacy shawls, more garlands and yes, lots more ami's.  When I get bored and have the need to create yet don't want to start a big project I make flowers, when i finish a project and have a small amount of yarn left, I make flowers.  These have built up into quite a substantial collection so I have bagged them up and have them for sale in a friends shop.
Extra large dreamcatchers are big now, using old doilies and bits of lace and embellishments, not my cup of tea but I've sold a few of my odd bits and pieces to crafters who are using them in projects. One lady bought a doiley which is to be the centre piece of a huge dreamcatcher that will hang over her daughters wedding table.  I've a good stash of old magazines and crochet books with lots of lovely old fashioned doileys in.  I'm slowly working my way through them looking for pretty, quick and easy ones to make.
This year has whizzed  by so fast but there is still just over three weeks of making left and I am sure I can get quite a lot done in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment